Professional Chinese in Finance and Accounting
Professional Chinese in Finance and Accounting aims at helping business executives to understand finance and accounting terms in Chinese, and to acquire a good understanding of the financial market and business culture in China.
Course Highlights and Objectives
In this course, you will be able to:
- Deal with Chinese counterparts or clients more effectively with an enlarged business vocabulary and enhanced cultural sensitivity.
- Improve your competency in communication, presentation and translation of English-Chinese documents.
A trainer with more than 10 years' experience, who specializes in business terminology, presentation, translation, business writing as well as cross-cultural communication skills in Chinese. The trainer conducts courses and workshops for major banks, statutory boards, public-listed companies and other organizations.
A native speaker from China, she is bilingual in English and Chinese. The trainer's working experiences in the corporate environment in Singapore, coupled with the intimate knowledge of the Chinese market and experience in working with Chinese clients make the training relevant and effective.
10 sessions, total 30 hours
Medium of Teaching
Part 1 - Banking and Finance Terminologies
Part 2 - Chinese Language and Culture
- Accounting Terms
- Financial Statements
- Private Banking
- Corporate Advisory
- Investment Services
- Legal Terms
- Merger and Acquisition
- Numerical Expressions
- Rapport-building Relationship with the Chinese
- Making a Presentation Work
- Overview of Chinese Financial System and Market
- Reading and Translation of Finance Materials
- Trainee will receive a Certificate of Completion from the CI-NTU after they have completed the course and have met the requirements stated as follows:
i) Completed the course with minimum attendance rate of 75%;
ii)Passed post-course test;
iii)Participated in post-course surveys.
- Trainee who fails to meet any of the above criteria and with a minimum attendance rate of 50%, will only be issued a Certificate of Participation instead.
- Applicant should possess GCE 'O' Levels (or its equivalent) at least a C6 grade Pass in Chinese. Or applicant will need to present educational certificate(s) that could prove that who is well versed in Chinese.
- Please email to
ACLP@ntu.edu.sg or call 6592 2538 / 6592 2539 between Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm to enquire further.
- Enrolment form can be downloaded from CI-NTU website or obtained directly from CI-NTU reception counter.
- Please read all the instructions, terms and conditions stated in the enrolment form before any course enrolment.
- Submit Course Enrolment Form accompanied with:
i) Photocopy of NRIC/Passport
ii) Photocopy of GCE 'O' Levels (or its equivalent)
iii) Fees payment (including both $53.50 Registration fee and course fee)
Note: For company-sponsored applicant, the enrolment must be signed and endorsed by the company stamp.
Email the completed form and relevant documents to
ACLP@ntu.edu.sg or submit at our CI-NTU reception counter.
All enrolments are subjected to the seats availability. Seats are based on first come first served basis.
Full course fee payment shall be made upon enrolment of the course.
Successful applicants will receive confirmation notice at least 5-7 working days prior to class commence.
- Registration Fee: S$50*
- Course Fee:S$800*
- Total Fees Payable: S$909.50 (Before NSA subsidy + GST & Registration Fee)
S$456.00(After NSA subsidy + GST)
S$509.50 (After NSA subsidy + GST &Registration Fee)
Note: Course Fee include teaching materials and test fee.
*Prevailing GST is applicable.
- 10% off course fee for NTU staff / student & alumni^
- 10% off course fee for Seniors(Non-Singaporeans/ Permanent Residents of Singapore of ages 50 and above)^
- 50% NSA subsidy is applicable for Singapore seniors aged 50 and above^*
- Students under company sponsorship (Singaporeans / SPRs) are eligible to claim $2 per training hours from WDA. For more details, please call WDA hotline at 6883 5885.
^Proof of identity status or relevant documents are required for verification purpose.
*Trainees are eligible for only ONE of the first three schemes.
Singapore Citizens, aged 25 years and above are eligible for SkillsFuture Credit which can be used to offset course fees. For more information, please refer to SkillsFuture.(www.skillsfuture.sg/credit)
b) National Silver Academy (NSA)
Singapore Senior Citizens, aged 50 years and above can enjoy 50% NSA subsidy of the course fee. For more information, pleasereferto National Silver Academy. (www.nsa.org.sg/index.php)
Course fees paid to CI-NTU may be refunded if:
Percentage of Refund||
Written request for refund|
| Registration Fee|| Non-refundable|| -|
| Course Fee || 100%|| More than 30 working days prior to the commencement of the course|
| 50%|| Between 15 to 30 working days prior to the commencement of the course|
| 0%|| Less than 15 working days prior to the commencement of the course|
Date & Time: ||9 January – 8 February 2018 (Every Tue & Thu)|
7pm - 10pm
Venue: ||Confucius Institute, NTU|
11 Slim Barracks Rise, NTU@One-north Campus,Executive Centre, #08-01 Singapore 138664
Course Fee:||S$856 /10 Sessions |
S$909.50 (Before NSA Subsidy + GST & Registration Fee)
S$456.00 (After NSA Subsidy + GST)
S$509.50 (After NSA Subsidy + GST & Registration Fee)
(Price is inclusive of 7% GST)
- 10% off course fee for NTU staff / student & alumni^
- 10% off course fee for Seniors(Non-Singaporeans/ Permanent Residents of Singapore of aged 50 and above)^
- 50% NSA subsidy is applicable for Singaporean seniors aged 50 and above*^
^Proof of identity status or relevant documents are required for verification purpose
*Trainees are eligible for only
ONE of the abovementioned discount schemes
To customise schedule, please email to
Ykho@ntu.edu.sg or call 6513 8156 to enquire further.
Click on links to download
Course Enrolment Form AY 2018
Current Event Calendar Listings