Professional Chinese in Finance and Accounting
Professional Chinese in Finance and Accounting aims at helping business executives to understand finance and accounting terms in Chinese, and to acquire a good understanding of the financial market and business culture in China.
Course Highlights and Objectives
In this course, you will be able to:
- Deal with Chinese counterparts or clients more effectively with an enlarged business vocabulary and enhanced cultural sensitivity.
- Improve your competency in communication, presentation and translation of English-Chinese documents.
Part 1 - Banking and Finance Terminologies
- Accounting Terms
- Financial Statements
- Private Banking
- Corporate Advisory
- Investment Services
- Legal Terms
- Merger and Acquisition
- Numerical Expressions
Part 2 - Chinese Language and Culture
- Rapport-building Relationship with the Chinese
- Making a Presentation Work
- Overview of Chinese Financial System and Market
- Reading and Translation of Finance Materials
10 sessions, 3 hours per session, total 30 hours
Medium of Teaching
A trainer with more than 10 years' experience, who specializes in business terminology, presentation, translation, business writing as well as cross-cultural communication skills in Chinese. The trainer conducts courses and workshops for major banks, statutory boards, public-listed companies and other organizations.
A native speaker from China, she is bilingual in English and Chinese. The trainer's working experiences in the corporate environment in Singapore, coupled with the intimate knowledge of the Chinese market and experience in working with Chinese clients make the training relevant and effective.
- Trainees must complete post-course test in the last session of the course.
- Test fee is inclusive in course fee.
- Trainees will be awarded with a Certificate of Completion from the CI-NTU after they have completed the course and have met the requirements stated as follows:
- Completed the course with minimum attendance rate of 75% per course
- Passed post-course test by the stipulated deadline
- Participated in post-course surveys.
- Trainees who fail to meet any of the above criteria and with a minimum attendance rate of 50%, will only be issued a Certificate of Participation instead.
- At least a C6 grade in GCE 'O'/‘A’ Level Chinese (or its equivalent).
- Applicant will need to present educational certificate(s) that could prove that who is well versed in Chinese.
- Enrolment form can be downloaded from CI-NTU website or obtained directly from CI-NTU reception counter.
- Please read all the instructions, terms and conditions stated in the enrolment form before any course enrolment.
- Submit Course Enrolment Form accompanied with:
i) Photocopy of NRIC/Passport
ii) Photocopy of GCE 'O' Levels (or its equivalent)
iii) Fees payment (including both $53.50 Registration fee and course fee)
Note: For company-sponsored applicant, the enrolment must be signed and endorsed by the company stamp.
- Email the completed form and relevant documents to ACLP@ntu.edu.sg or submit at our CI-NTU reception counter.
- All enrolments are subjected to the seats availability. Seats are based on first come first served basis.
- Full course fee payment shall be made upon enrolment of the course.
- Successful applicants will receive confirmation notice at least 5-7 working days prior to class commence.
Registration Fee: S$53.50* (Inclusive of 7% GST)
Total Fees Payable: S$909.50 (Before NSA subsidy + GST & Registration Fee)
S$456.00(After NSA subsidy + GST)
S$509.50 (After NSA subsidy + GST &Registration Fee)
Note: Course fees include teaching materials and test fee.
*Prevailing GST is applicable.
- This programme is available for customising.
- The above price list is only applicable for enrolment of more than 8 trainees per class. Customised pricing for less than 8.
Discount & Subsidy Scheme
- 10% off course fee for NTU staff/student/alumni^*
- 10% off course fee for Seniors (SPRs/Non-Singaporeans)^*
- 50% off course fee for Singaporean seniors aged 50 & above^*
- Trainees under company sponsorship (Singaporeans/SPRs) are eligible to claim $2 per training hours from SSG.
For more details, please call SSG hotline at 6883 5885.
^Proof of identity status or relevant documents are required for verification purpose.
*Trainees are eligible for only ONE of the first three schemes.
Applicants may enjoy the following subsidies provided by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) for the payment of course fee.
Receive an opening credit of S$500 that will not expire and periodic top-ups from the government to offset the course fee of approved skills-related courses.
- Applicable only to Singapore Citizens.
- Aged 25 years and above.
- Applicant must be self-sponsored.
b) National Silver Academy (NSA)
- Enjoy 50% subsidy of the course fee.
- Applicable only to Singapore Citizens.
- Aged 50 years and above.
For more information, please visit www.nsa.org.sg or email C3A at email@example.com
or contact NSA hotline at (65) 6478 5029.
Course fees paid to CI-NTU may be refunded if:
Percentage of Refund||
Written request for refund|
| Registration Fee|| Non-refundable|| -|
| Course Fee || 100%|| More than 30 working days prior to the commencement of the course|
| 50%|| Between 15 to 30 working days prior to the commencement of the course|
| 0%|| Less than 15 working days prior to the commencement of the course|
Date & Time: ||26 June – 26 July 2018, every Tue & Thu|
7pm - 10pm
Venue: ||Confucius Institute, NTU|
11 Slim Barracks Rise, NTU@One-north Campus,Executive Centre, #08-01 Singapore 138664
Course Fee:||S$856 /10 Sessions |
S$909.50 (Before NSA Subsidy + GST & Registration Fee)
S$456.00 (After NSA Subsidy + GST)
S$509.50 (After NSA Subsidy + GST & Registration Fee)
(Price stated is inclusive of 7% GST)
To customise schedule, please email to
Ykho@ntu.edu.sg or call 6513 8156 to enquire further.
Click on links to download
Professional Chinese in Finance and Accounting Brochure
Course Enrolment Form_June Intake AY2018
Current Event Calendar Listings