Singing Made Simple: The McClosky Voice Method-Series 2
‘Singing Made Simple: The McClosky Voice Method - Series 2 provides further training and coaching for participants from Series 1 or experienced singers. This series reinforces the singing concepts introduced previously. All sessions are interactive and practical. The instruction medium will be in both Mandarin and English.
Continue to reinforce the singing concepts introduced in Series 1 that include:
- The McClosky Relaxation, Posture, Breathing and Breathy Sigh
- Optimizing the resonance and articulation through freeing the vocal apparatus
- Cultivating good phonation habits, i.e. flow phonation, balanced on-set and off-set
- Gaining insight to the singer’s breath: the application of Appoggio
- Workshop 1: The Fundamentals of Good Singing
- Workshop 2: The McClosky Method: Relaxation, Posture, Breathing and Breathy Sigh
- Workshop 3: Phonation and Resonance
- Workshop 4: Diction and Articulation
- Workshop 5: Expression and Interpretation
Note: Participants may opt to enroll in selected topic(s)
Speaker/Facilitator: Dr. Chia Wei Khuan
- Senior Lecturer, National Institute of Education (NIE)
- Adjunct Associate Professor, SUSS
- Certified McClosky Voice Technician
- Certification in Vocology
- Member, National Association of Singing Teachers, USA
Applicants may enjoy the following subsidies provided by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) for the payment of course fee.
Singapore Citizens aged 25 years, and above are eligible for SkillsFuture Credit which can be used to offset course fees.
For more information, please refer to www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
b) National Silver Academy (NSA)
Singapore Senior Citizens aged 50 years, and above can enjoy 50% NSA subsidy of the course fee.
For more information, please refer to www.nsa.org.sg/index.php.
6 January - 3 February 2018 (Every Sat)
|Time: ||2pm - 5pm |
|Venue:||Confucius Institute, NTU|
11 Slim Barracks Rise, NTU@One-north campus, Executive Centre,
#08-01 (near Buona Vista MRT station)
|Language Medium:||Mandarin and English|
S$74.90* / 1 lesson
S$321.00* / 5 lessons
S$171.00* / 5 lessons (Singaporean seniors aged 50 years and above)
*Price stated is inclusive of 7%GST
(Certiicate of Participation will be awarded to student with at least 75% attendance.)
- Early bird discount (register by 6 December 2017):
- 15% discount for NTU staff and student
- 15% discount for group of 3 or more
- 10% discount for public
|Tel:||6592 7513 / 6514 1397|
|Fax: ||6779 7859|
Click on links to download:
Singing Made Simple - Series 2 brochure
Current Event Calendar Listings