Enhancement of the Healthy Voice and Help for the Troubled Voice
Teachers, singers and voice users rely on the voice extensively in teaching, singing and other daily routine. When excessively used, technical errors in voice may occur and this may lead to other voice complaint. How can one keep the voice in good condition? How can one deliver the task without over straining the voice? Find out more in this vocal health workshop and learn The McClosky Voice Method based on your individual needs to inculcate a healthy vocal habit.
- Experience the McClosky Technique, a simple series of relaxation exercises and steps for correct postural alignment that can improve the speaking and singing voice.
voice usage using the McClosky vocal exercises.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of voice production.
- Study approaches to good vocal habits.
- Fundamentals of voice production.
- The McClosky Voice Method: Relaxation, posture and breathly sigh.
- Vocal hygiene and tips.
Course Instructor - Dr Chia Wei Khuan
- Senior Lecturer, National Institute of Education
- Adjunct Associate Professor, UniSIM
- Certified McClosky Voice Technician
- Certification in Vocology
- Member of National Association of Singing Teachers, USA
Singapore Citizens, aged 25 years and above are eligible for SkillsFuture Credit which can be used to offset course fees. For more information, please refer to www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
National Silver Academy (NSA)
Singapore Senior Citizens, age 50 years and above can enjoy 50% NSA subsidy of the course fee. For more information, please refer to http://www.nsa.org.sg/index.php
16 September 2017, Sat (in Chinese)
30 September 2017, Sat (in English)
|Time: ||9.30am - 12:30pm|
|Venue:||Confucius Institute, NTU|
|Fee:||Public: S$64.20* |
Singaporean seniors aged 50 and above (After NSA Subsidy): S$ 34.20*
Early Bird Discount (Register before 1 September 2017):
- 15% discount for Friends of CI member/NTU staff and student
- 10% discount for public
- 15% discount for group of 3 or more
Sign up for Enhancement of the Healthy Voice and Help for the Troubled Voice and Sing with Freedom at S$107* only!
*Price stated is inclusive of 7%GST
Note: Above discount does not apply to NSA Subsidy
|Contact Person:||Yaqi/Jia Haur|
|Tel:||6592 7513 / 6514 1397|
|Registration link:||Enhancement of the Healthy Voice and Help for the Troubled Voice|
Click on link to download
Current Event Calendar Listings