*Unfunded course fee refers to the balance course fee payable after applicable government subsidy. This excludes GST, registration fees, miscellaneous fees etc.
- Q: How can I apply for admission?
A: Application form could be downloaded online from CI-NTU website or to obtain a copy at our CI-NTU registration counter. Applicants are required to bring along the original and certified copies of supporting documents for verification when they submit their application form.
The application periods are generally as follows:
- October to January - for admission in February
- March to June - for admission in July
- Q: Can I submit my application online?
A: No. You are required to come down to the institute to submit the application.
- Q: What are the entry requirements?
A: Applicant should possess the following academic qualifications:
- Tertiary Education (or its equivalent).
- Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education holder must attain at least a C6 grade in GCE ‘O’ Level English (or its equivalent).
- Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education holder must attain at least an A2 grade in GCE 'O' Level Chinese OR a B3 grade in GCE 'O' Level Higher Chinese (or its equivalent).
- Non-Singaporean applicant will need to present educational certificate(s) that could prove that he/she is well versed in both Chinese and English.
- Q: Can I apply for the diploma programme if I am unable to meet the academic qualification required by the school?
A: Yes, applicants may apply for the diploma course; however, they still have to submit the application form together with the supporting documents for verification. CI-NTU management will consider upon case by case basis, and successful applicants will be notified.
- Q: Do I have to pay for the entrance test?
A: No. However, you are required to submit the registration form and registration fee before sitting for the entrance test.
- Q: When can I arrange to sit for the entrance test?
A: Please call our hotline 6514 1062/6514 1063 to arrange for an appointment.
- Q: Is there a registration fee?
A: Yes. A non-refundable registration fee of $53.50 (inclusive of GST) per application is payable for applications into our diploma programmes.
- Q: Do I have to pay full tuition fees upon registration?
A: No, you are only required to pay for the registration fees upon registration.
- Q: Does it mean that I am successfully enrolled to the diploma course after I’ve submitted my application form?
A: No. Submission of application form and payment do not constitute to acceptance into the course unless notified in writing by Confucius Institute, NTU.
- Q: What are the fees payable for the programme?
A: A successful applicant who is offered admission into a programme will have to pay the tuition fee and miscellaneous fees at the time of matriculation. Please note that the tuition fee and miscellaneous fees are non-refundable. The fees are reviewed yearly. More details can be found here.
- Q: When will I know the outcome of my application?
A: You will be notified of the course application status within a month from your application.
If your application is successful, you will receive the Letter of Offer and Form of Acceptance via both email and by post.
If your application is unsuccessful, CI-NTU will notify applicants through email.
- Q: What should I do upon receiving the Letter of Offer from the school?
A: Applicants are required to return the completed Acceptance Form, tuition fee and miscellaneous fee to secure your place within the stipulated deadline if you accept the Offer of Admission.
- Q: What are the modes of payment?
A: Payment can be made by using any of the following mode:
- Payment can be made via credit card or NETS at reception counter of Confucius Institute, NTU.
Operating hours: 8.30am - 5.45pm (Mon – Thur), 8.30am - 5.15pm (Fri)
- Cheques must be crossed and made payable to “Confucius Institute, NTU Pte Ltd”. Please indicate your name and programme title clearly on the reverse of the cheque. Please send cheque to:
Confucius Institute, NTU
11 Slim Barracks Rise (off North Buona Vista road),
NTU@one-north campus, Executive Centre
Attention: Admin (Diploma Programme)
- Q: May I apply for subsidies provided by the Singapore Government and National Trades Union Congress?
A: Yes, you may apply for the following credit usage and/or subsidy provided by the Singapore Government and National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) for the payment of tuition fee.
I. Credit Usage
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
Receive an opening credit of $500 that will not expire and periodic top-ups from the Government to offset the tuition fee of approved skills-related courses.”
- Applicable only to Singapore Citizens
- Aged 25 years and above.
- Applicant must be self-sponsored.
For more information, please visit www.skillsfuture.sg/credit or contact SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) hotline at (65) 6785 5785.
II. Fee Subsidy
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support, capped at $250 each year.*
- Paid-up NTUC membership before programme commencement, throughout whole programme duration and at the point of claim.
- Programme by training provider must be supported under UTAP, and training must commence within the supported period.
- Programme must not be fully funded through company sponsorship or other types of funding.
- Unfunded course fee must be $20 and above.
- Applicant must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application, and have sat and passed all prescribed examination(s), if any
- UTAP application must be submitted within 6 months after programme completion.
For more information, please visit http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg or contact NTUC at email@example.com.
15. Q: Where is the nearest Workforce Singapore (WSG) Career Centre?
A: For more information, please visit their website at http://www.wsg.gov.sg/career-services.html.