Ancient Chinese philosophers and thinkers widely subscribed to the importance of good leadership. A review of the major Chinese schools of thought reveals great emphasis on the importance of wisdom and virtue in a good leader, as well as the belief that a good leader is built on a foundation of moral authority.
Designed using the principles of Activity-Based Learning (ABL), the Art of Leadership programme will help participants gain a deeper understanding of Chinese culture, and what it means to be a great leader through an integrated study of the classics and the philosophies of great thinkers such as Confucius, Mencius, and Laozi.
Workshop Highlights and Objectives
In this workshop, you will be able to:
- Gain a broad insight on the China’s cultural evolution and brief history.
- Learn and practice various Chinese classical leadership approaches (Humanistic, Bureaucratic and Naturalistic ways) in leading different types of people, organization and situation. Apply the ancient Chinese philosophies in contemporary leadership practices.
- Direct new energies and time in leading your people to higher level of excellences.
- Key success factors in nurturing a strong or great leader which can be broadly categorized into capabilities and qualities of a leader.
- 2 sessions, total 7 hours
Medium of Instruction
Who Should Attend?
- Executives from middle to senior management.
- Individuals and entrepreneurs who wish to conduct business in China or understand and apply leadership philosophies from ancient China.
- Those who has great passion on Chinese classics and philosophies - Confucius, Mencius, Laozi, Zhuangzi, Liezi, Xunzi and Han Feizi.
Dr Sheh Seow Wah（佘绍华博士）is a Management Consultant, Research Consultant, Seminar and Conference Speaker, and Industry Trainer for several institutions for the past 20-25 years in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. His areas of specialization include Chinese classics, Chinese Family Business, Change Management and Research and Leadership and Management.
Trainees will be awarded with a Certificate of Participation from CI-NTU after having met the requirements stated as follows:
- Achieved a full attendance rate;
- Participated in post-course surveys.
- Minimum C6 grade in GCE 'O' Level English (or its equivalent).
- Other applicants with more than 2 years of working experience will be considered.
- Enrolment form can be downloaded from CI-NTU website, requested via email, or obtained from CI-NTU reception counter.
- Please read all the terms and conditions stated in the enrolment form.
- Submit the completed Enrolment Form via email to email@example.com or our CI-NTU reception counter during office hours.
- Note to company-sponsored applicant: the Enrolment Form must be signed by a company official and endorsed with the company stamp.
- All course enrolments are accepted on first come first served basis, subjected to seat availability.
- Payment will be advised after the enrolment has been accepted.
- Participants will be informed of the course status at least 5 working days before the course commencement date.
- *Prevailing 7% GST is applicable based on full course fee.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $53.50 (incl. 7% GST) is applicable for each registration.
- Course fee includes teaching materials.
- This programme is available for customising. To customise schedule, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6513 8156 to enquire further.
- The above price list is only applicable for enrolment of more than 8 trainees per class. Customised pricing for less than 8.
- Subsidies do not apply for customised courses.
- 10% off course fee for NTU staff, student, NTU Alumni Club Member.^*
- 10% off course fee for Seniors (Singapore Permanent Residents /Foreigners) aged 50 and above.^*
Note: ^ Proof of identity status or relevant documents are required for verification purpose. *Applicant is eligible for ONE discount schemes at a time.
Applicants may apply for the following subsidies and/or credits/funds usage provided by the Singapore Government for the payment of course fee.
(I) Fee Subsidies
- Enjoy 50% subsidy of the course fee.
- Applicable to Singapore Citizens, aged 50 years and above.
For more information, please visit www.nsa.org.sg , or call NSA hotline at 6478 5029, or email to email@example.com.
**Applicant is not eligible for any discount schemes.
(II) Credit/Fund Usage
- Receive an opening credit of $500 that will not expire and periodic top-ups from the Government to offset the course fee of approved skills-related courses.
- Applicable to Singapore Citizens, aged 25 years and above.
- Applicants must be self-sponsored.
For more information, please visit www.skillsfuture.sg/credit , or call SSG hotline at 6785 5785.
Course fees paid to CI-NTU may be refunded if:
*For SkillsFuture Credit applicants, the refund amount considered is inclusive of SkillsFuture Credit used.
||More than 30 days before the programme commences.
||Between 15 to 30 days before the programme commences.
||Less than 15 days before the programme commences.
||Ming Ming / Candy
||6592 2539 / 6592 2538
||Confucius Institute, NTU, 11 Slim Barracks Rise, NTU @One-north campus, Executive Centre, #08-01, Singapore 138664 (near Buona Vista MRT station)
6.30pm - 10pm
|26 & 27 Aug
Wed & Thu
|27 & 28 Oct
Tue & Wed
Schedule is subject to change without prior notice. For further enquiries, please email or call. *In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese version of course relevant information, the English version shall prevail.
Click on links to download