Singing Made Simple: The McClosky Voice Method
"Singing Made Simple: The McClosky Voice Method"is a series of 5 workshops aims to free up the singing voice, enriching the tone, resonance, stamina and ease of vocal production. Throughout, the McClosky Technique, a set of relaxation exercises and steps for improve postural alignment, will be introduced to help participants address different aspects of the singing voice and understand the true meaning of singing with freedom. A Certified McClosky Voice Technician will lead the interactive and practical sessions using excerpts from song repertoires.
- Discover vocal freedom through the McClosky Relaxation, Posture, Breathing and Breathy Sigh
- Optimize the resonance and articulation through freeing the vocal apparatus
- Cultivate good phonation habits, i.e., flow phonation, balanced on-set and off-set
- Gain insight to the singer’s breath: the application of Appoggio
- Workshop 1: The Fundamentals of Good Singing
- Workshop 2: The McClosky Method: Relaxation, Posture, Breathing and Breathy Sigh
- Workshop 3: Phonation and Resonance
- Workshop 4: Dictions and Articulation
- Workshop 5: Expression and Interpretation
Speaker/Facilitator: Dr. Chia Wei Khuan
- Senior Lecturer, National Institute of Education
- Certified McClosky Voice Technician
- Certification in Vocology
- Member, National Association of Singing Teachers, USA
Singapore Citizens, aged 25 years and above are eligible for SkillsFuture Credit which can be used to offset course fees.
For more information, please refer to www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
National Silver Academy (NSA)
Singapore Senior Citizens, aged 50 years and above can enjoy 50% NSA subsidy of the course fee.
For more information, please refer to http://www.nsa.org.sg/index.php
17 November - 15 December 2018 (Every Saturday)
|Time: ||9:30am - 12:30pm (in English)|
2:00pm - 5:00pm (in Chinese)
|Venue:||Confucius Institute, NTU|
11 Slim Barracks Rise, NTU @One-north campus, Executive Centre,
#08-01 (near Buona Vista MRT station)
|Language Medium:||English / Chinese|
S$74.90 / 1 lesson
S$321.00 / 5 lessons (Public)
S$171.00 / 5 lessons (NSA subsidy applicable for Singaporean seniors aged 50 years and above)
(Price stated is inclusive of 7%GST)
Early Bird Registration (register by 12 October 2018):
- 15% discount for NTU staff/student^*
- 15% discount for group of 3 pax and more*
10% discount for public*Note: Above discounts cannot be combined with NSA subsidy
^ Proof of identity status or relevant documents are required for verification purpose.
* Participants are eligible for only ONE of the above mentioned discount schemes.
|Fax: ||6779 7859|
Click on links to download:
- A certificate of Participation will be awarded to student for completing 5 lessons with more than 75% of attendance.
Current Event Calendar Listings