This 3-hour singing workshop aims to free up your singing voice, enriching your tone, resonance, stamina and ease of vocal production. In this workshop, you will experience the McClosky Technique, a simple series of relaxation exercises and steps for correct postural alignment that can improve the singing voice. Dr. Chia Wei Khuan, a Senior Lecturer of the Visual and Performing Arts, NIE, and a Certified McClosky Voice Technician will lead the interactive and practical sessions using excerpts from song repertoires.
Speaker/Facilitator: Dr. Chia Wei Khuan
- Senior Lecturer, National Institute of Education
- Certified McClosky Voice Technician
- Certification in Vocology
- Member of National Association of Singing Teachers, USA
- Fundamentals of voice production
- The McClosky Voice Method: Relaxation, posture and breathy sigh
- The true meaning of relax and sing
- Phonation: Flow vs Pressed
- Discover vocal freedom through the McClosky Technique: Relaxation, Posture, Breathing and Breathy Sigh.
- Freeing the tongue, jaw, facial muscles and neck to optimize the resonance and articulation.
- Phonation: Learning the balanced On-set and off-set.
- Managing the singer’s breath: the application of Appoggio.
23 March 2019, Sat (in Chinese)
30 March 2019, Sat (in English)
||2pm - 5pm |
||Confucius Institute, NTU|
11 Slim Barracks Rise, NTU@One-north campus, Executive Centre,
#08-01 (near Buona Vista MRT station)
||Mandarin and English|
S$64.20 * / 1 lesson
After NSA Subsidy:
S$34.20* / 5 lessons (Singaporean seniors aged 50 years and above)
*Price stated is inclusive of 7%GST
Early Bird Discount (register before 22 Feb 2019):
- 15% discount for NTU staff and student
- 15% discount for group of 3 or more
- 10% discount for public
Note: Above discounts cannot be combined with NSA subsidy
||Jye Min / Ming Jia|
||6514 1398 / 6592 7931|
Click on links to download: